Evaluating progress in relation to the identified challenge/s, such as:
- the outcomes in relation to the goal/s.
- analysing next steps for individual schools and for the Community of Learning as a whole.
- things that have changed as a result of individual actions.
- identifying the areas that need a stronger focus.
- whether the evaluation identifies the need to continue with this challenge or points to another related or different focus.
Basket of evidence
The working group has identified a basket of evidence which Communities of Learning can draw on to identify their objectives and assess their progress. Schools collect a considerable amount of evidence about students’ progress and achievement in relation to the national curriculum. It is expected that a Community of Learning would use some of this existing evidence as part of its inquiry to determine the impact of its actions and to measure progress towards shared objectives.
How do we appraise the across school roles?
The new CoL roles will have a number of functions that are different from existing roles in schools. The roles will have specific selection criteria, job descriptions and performance standards. These new functions, job descriptions and performance criteria will have to be taken into account in developing the appraisal document/performance agreement and subsequently for appraisals.